The following is a list of interactive forums and inquiry pages for English Wikipedia. Please select the noticeboard or request page most closely connected to the query you have as described below.
For a listing of ongoing discussions and current requests, see the dashboard. For other useful directories and indexes, see the directory page.
Assistance with ing
General knowledge questions
- Reference desks - provides a central compilation of the boards as listed below where you can ask questions about any topic except Wikipedia itself. The ors there will try to answer your questions, or point you in the direction of the information you need.
- Computing - to ask about computing, information technology, electronics, software and hardware.
- Entertainment - to ask about sports, popular culture, movies, music, video games, and TV shows.
- Humanities - to ask about history, politics, literature, religion, philosophy, law, finance, economics, art, and society.
- Language - to ask about spelling, grammar, word etymology, language usage, and translations.
- Mathematics - to ask about mathematics, geometry, probability, and statistics.
- Science - to ask about biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, geology, engineering and technology.
- (Miscellaneous) - to ask about anything that is not listed above.
- Content creation
- Feedback on articles - a page that explains how to request input on a specific article.
- Peer reviews - a page that explains how to request comprehensive review of articles.
- Requested page moves - a page that explains how to request page renaming.
- Wikipedia:Move review - a page for contesting page moves/ move requests that have already been closed.
- Bot assistance - a page that explains how to request assistance with automated bots.
- Translations - a page that explains how to request translations of articles.
- Page importation - a page that explains how to request information for sister projects.
- History merge - a page that explains how to request a history merge.
- Resource Requests - a page dedicated to organizing and sharing the vast resources available to Wikipedians, to aid in verification.
- Feedback request service - a voluntary service to increase awareness of Requests for Comments (RFCs) and other discussions on Wikipedia.
- Requesting an account - a place where users may request an account be created for them.
- Renaming your account - a place where users may request an account renaming.
- User permissions - a page for requesting rollback, reviewer, file mover, account creator, confirmed, and autopatrolled rights.
- Dispute resolution - provides a central compilation of the boards as listed below to help resolves conflicts.
- Third opinion - for disputes between two ors to receive an outside opinion.
- Requests for comment - the place to go to get outside input on issues from a broad number of users.
- Dispute resolution noticeboard - used as a "first step" in solving content issues.
- Formal mediation - provides formal mediation to assist in the resolution of content disputes.
- Arbitration - the "last resort" for conduct issues when all other avenues are exhausted, issues binding rulings.
- Noticeboards - Wikipedia noticeboards are pages where ors can ask questions and request assistance from people who are familiar with the policies and guidelines covered by each individual board.
- Administrators - for posting information and issues that affect administrators.
Technical and procedural
- Village pump - main directory divided into boards by topic as seen below, to discuss the technical issues, policies, and operations of Wikipedia.
- Lua requests - a page to request help from Lua developers in writing a Lua module.
- Database query - a page to request database queries for certain criteria.
- Adminship - a page that explains how to apply to become an administrator.
- Nomination - a page that explains how to get help with the administrator application process.
- Administrator attention - a listing of all the pages where administrators can be made aware of ongoing problems.
- Administrator improvement review - a place where administrators may submit themselves to an informal review.
- Active sanctions - a page lists the currently active sanctions imposed through the arbitration process.
- CheckUser - a page that explains how to get help with users using multiple accounts.
- Oversight - a page for urgent, enhanced deletion process for removing s that breach privacy or defame somebody.
- Page protection - a page for asking for article protection.
- Undeletion - a page that describes the process for restoring pages or files that were uncontroversially deleted via proposed deletion.
In addition to the pages listed above alternative interactive help services are available as described below.