and Carson Street
Springfield Gardens, Queens, New York
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Closed||October 30, 1979|
|Electrified||May 21, 1925|
Springfield Gardens was an island platform station that existed along the Babylon-Montauk Branch of the Long Island Rail Road, in the Springfield Gardens, Queens section of Queens, New York City. The station was located between St. Albans and Rosedale Stations, north of Springfield Junction. The only visible evidence of the station today is by a wide gap between the tracks. It first opened around the 1870s by the New York and Rockaway Railroad as Springfield Station (a name also given to a former station on the Atlantic Branch near Higbie Avenue). It was originally located on Merrick Boulevard until May 1885 when it was moved to the southeast side of Springfield Road (now Springfield Boulevard). The line was electrified on May 21, 1925 and the station was renamed Springfield Gardens in October 1927. On July 24, 1936, the station was rebuilt as part of a grade elimination project, and finally closed on October 30, 1979.
|This Queens train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|