Pompey, otherwise known as Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, was a Roman statesman.
Pompey may also refer to:
- Pompey, a northern England slang word for a prison, possibly originating from the nineteenth century prison ship Pompee.
People with the name
Portsmouth, England, and its institutions
- a nickname for Portsmouth, a city on the south coast of England.
- a nickname for HMNB Portsmouth, a naval base in the city of Portsmouth, England.
- a nickname for Royal Artillery (Portsmouth) Football Club, an 1890s British Army amateur association football club in the city of Portsmouth, England.
- The Pompey Chimes, an 1890s football chant originally created as The Town Hall Chimes by supporters of Royal Artillery (Portsmouth) Football Club, now used by Portsmouth F.C. supporters by association.
- a nickname for Portsmouth Football Club, a professional association football club in the city of Portsmouth, England, formed in 1898.