Mürefte (formerly Myriophyton; Greek: Μυριόφυτον, or Miriofito) is a village in the district of Şarköy, Turkey, on the Sea of Marmara about 51 km southwest of Tekirdağ. After the population exchange some Megleno-Romanian families were settled.
The early history of this town is not known. We find it mentioned for the first time in connection with an earthquake which destroyed it in the year 1063. It was visited by John Cantacuzene about 1350.
A diocese of Peristatis (modern Şarköy) was established by 1170. The see was later transferred to Myriophyton, and renamed Peristasis and Myriophyton, mentioned first in a Notitia episcopatuum of the end of the fifteenth century. In the sixteenth century Myriophytum displaced Peristasis, and the diocese took the name of Myriophyturn and Peristasis.
The Greek Orthodox diocese became in January 1909 an autocephalous metropolitan see, the Metropolitanate of Myriophyton and Peristasis. The Orthodox population of the metropolitanate was evacuated in October 1922, just before the Greek-Turkish population exchange, leaving no Orthodox population since then, but the church continues to appoint titular metropolitans to the see.
The coastline between Tekirdağ and Şarköy, particularly Mürefte, are notable centers for viticulture and winemaking. A well-known wine producer, "Kutman", is located in the village, and maintains a wine museum also..