|Location||Little Neck Parkway and 39th Road|
Little Neck, Queens, New York
|Owned by||Long Island Rail Road|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| NYCT Bus: Q12, Q36|
MTA Bus: QM3
Nassau Inter-County Express: n20G
|Opened||July 1870 (F&NS)|
|Electrified||October 21, 1913|
750 V (DC) third rail
Little Neck is a station in the Little Neck section of Queens, the last station on the branch in New York City on the Port Washington Branch of the Long Island Rail Road. The station is at Little Neck Parkway and 39th Road, about half a mile (800 m) north of Northern Boulevard, and is 14.5 miles (23.3 km) from Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan. The station house is unusual for this line in standing on the south (eastbound) side. The station is part of the CityTicket program and is in Zone 3.
Little Neck Parkway at the west end of the station crosses the line at the only at-grade railroad crossing on the Port Washington Branch, and one of the few remaining in New York City. It is also the only "quiet" grade crossing in the LIRR system. Trains do not need to blow their horns here, because trains are coming to a complete stop here, and Little Neck Parkway is not a high-traffic road. It is regarded as the most dangerous crossing in the city, as the other crossings carry few trains, usually only freight trains late in the night (such as on the Montauk Branch and Bushwick Branch west of Jamaica station, where the line is non-electrified).
The original station house was built between February and May 1870 by the Flushing and North Side Railroad, and is one of only two built by the F&NS along the Port Washington Branch. The depot was built on the south side of the tracks and east of Little Neck Parkway. The station building was erected by Benjamin Wooley, and was 16 by 26 feet, two stories high, with a high platform in front, and 75 feet long. The station cost $1,500. The station opened in July 1870 as Little Neck, superseding earlier Little Neck station, which reverted to the name of Douglaston. It was replaced by the Long Island City and Flushing Railroad in 1890 with a second station house. The former F&NS depot is now located on a local street off Northern Boulevard.
There is a pedestrian overpass at mid-platform links the eastbound and westbound platforms. This overpass was closed and was demolished in September 2016 even though it was refurbished in 1989. It was replaced by a prefabricated span in late October 2016.
The station has two high-level side platforms, each 10 cars long.
|Mezzanine level||Crossover between platforms|
Entrance/exit and buses
|Platform A, doors will open on the right|
|Track 1||← Port Washington Branch toward Penn Station (Douglaston)|
|Track 2||Port Washington Branch toward Great Neck or Port Washington (Great Neck) →|
|Platform B, doors will open on the right|