|Population||370 (2006 census)|
|Elevation||30 m (98 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Dardanup|
The area was first settled in 1852 by Thomas Little who named his property Dardanup Park. The word Dardanup is believed to be a variation of the Indigenous Australian word Dudingup the meaning of which is unknown.
Construction of the local Agricultural Hall commenced in 1893 by J. and H. Gibbs who had submitted the lowest tender. The Hall, constructed of Jarrah and weatherboard, was opened in 1894 by the Hon. H. W. Venn.
The population of the area was 118 (81 males and 37 females) in 1898.