|Service type||Passenger train|
|First service||May 1889|
|Last service||31 May 1986|
|Former operator(s)||State Rail Authority|
|Distance travelled||435 kilometres|
|Service frequency||daily in each direction|
|Line(s) used||Main South|
The Cooma Mail commenced operating following the opening of the line from Michelago to Cooma in May 1889. The service ran overnight departing Sydney at 21:00 arriving in Cooma at 10:30 the following morning.
In 1912, the service was upgraded to run as a passenger train throughout, it had previously operated as a mixed train south of Queanbeyan, and accelerated departing Sydney at 20:25 and arriving at 07:00. In March 1927 a Canberra portion was added.