BinAir Aero Service GmbH was a German charter airline headquartered in Cologne and based out of Essen/Mülheim Airport specializing in ad hoc freight services across Europe.
The airline was founded in 1996.
The European Union warned the airline in 2011 to improve its safety or face inclusion in the EU no-flight blacklist of banned airlines.
As of 29 October 2018, Bin Air's air operator's certificate has been revoked by the Luftfahrtbundesamt forcing the airline to cease all operations.
As of November 2018, the BinAir Fleet consisted of the following aircraft:
Accidents and incidents
- On 7 March 2013, a Bin Air metroliner was responsible for the closure of Dublin Airport's main runway for around 35 minutes when its forward retracting nose wheel collapsed during landing.
- ^ Bin Air code data at planespotters.net
- ^ a b rzjets.net
- ^ a b lba.de - List of Air Carriers licenced by the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (current Operating Licences), Version:October 29, 2018 (German) 29 October 2018
- ^ "List of Air Carriers licensed by the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (current Operating Licences), Version: October 27, 2014" (PDF). Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- ^ a b aerotelegraph.com - Deutsche Charterairline Bin Air verliert Lizenz (German) 2 November 2018
- ^ EU warns German, Spanish airlines over safety Archived March 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Irish Independent retrieved 5/5/2011.
- ^ see points 15 and 16, official journal of the European Union 20-04-2011 accessed 5-5-2011.
- ^ "Bin Air fleet". Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- ^ "Accident: BinAir SW4 at Stuttgart on Jan 19th 2010, right main gear collapsed on landing". The Aviation Herald. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- ^ "Flights resume at Dublin Airport after small cargo plane damaged on landing". RTÉ News, Ireland. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- ^ "Photo: Crashed Metroliner at Dublin Airport". @MMcKCiara Ciara Underwood. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- ^ Kapps, Sebastien. "Accident: Bin Air are rubbish according to Dublin crash witnesses". Simon Hradecky.
Media related to BinAir at Wikimedia Commons