Aquebogue station

Aquebogue
Former Aquebogue LIRR Station site-2.jpg
Former Aquebogue LIRR station
LocationMeeting House Creek Road,
east of Edgar Avenue,
Aquebogue, New York
Coordinates40°56′09″N 72°36′59″W / 40.93575°N 72.616472°W / 40.93575; -72.616472Coordinates: 40°56′09″N 72°36′59″W / 40.93575°N 72.616472°W / 40.93575; -72.616472
Owned byLong Island Rail Road
Line(s)Main Line
Platforms1
Tracks2
History
OpenedJune 1892
ClosedJuly 1967
Services
None (Closed)
Preceding station   MTA NYC logo.svg LIRR   Following station
Former services
Riverhead   Main Line   Jamesport

Aquebogue was a station stop along the Greenport Branch of the Long Island Rail Road in Aquebogue, New York. Aquebogue first appeared on the June 1892 timetable.[1] Work began in March 1910 and was completed over the summer. An acre of land on the east was bought and filled in to provide a 1400-foot passing track. A new frame station was built in 1911 on the south side of the track opposite the new station.[2] A new depot was erected at Aquebogue in 1910, and was gutted out and remodeled as a shelter shed in 1956, and was finally razed in July 1967.

References[]

External links[]