P. V. Abdul Wahab (born 1 July 1950) is an Indian politician and social worker from Nilambur, Malappuram. He currently serves as a Member of Parliament from Kerala in the Rajya Sabha (the Council of States or the Upper House). He is also a non-resident Indian businessman with activities in India and the Middle East.
Wahab also serves as the Treasurer, Indian Union Muslim League and Leader, Indian Union Muslim League in Rajya Sabha. He has been elected as Member of Rajya Sabha from Kerala thrice (2004–10, 2015–21, and 2021 to the present). He is currently a member of the Parliamentary Committee on External Affairs.
Life and career
Wahab was born on 1 July 1950 to P. V. (Pulikkal Veettil) Alavikutty and Varikkodan Fathima at Nilambur in northern Kerala. He was educated at Government Manavedan High School, Nilambur and M. E. S College, Mampad.
He is married to Yasmine from 1976 and the couple has four sons. He was first elected to the Rajya Sabha in 2004.
- Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment (2004–2010)
- Committee on Rules (2015–2018)
- Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers (2015–2019)
- Railway Convention Committee (2016–2019)
- Committee on External Affairs (2019–2021)
- Committee on Industry (2021–2022)
- Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation (2004–2010)
- Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Human Resource Development (2015–2019)
- Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Minority Affairs (2019–2021)
- Head, Peevees and Bridgeway Group (in India, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia)
- Chairman, Indus Motors, Kerala
- Director, Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences
- Director, Feroke Boards, Kozhikode
- Director, Cheraman Financial Services
- Centre Square Shopping Mall, Cochin
- Amal College of Advanced Studies, Nilambur
- Chairman, Peevees Charitable Trust
- Chairman, Keraleeyam (an NGO for HIV affected people)
- Chairman, Calicut Airport Development Committee, 1994–2004
- Chairman, Jan Sikshan Sansthan (an NGO sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development)
- Patron, Nilambur Orphanage
- President, Peevees Schools
- Islamic Chair, Calicut University
- Kerala State Haj Committee, Kozhikode.
- Kerala Waqf Board, Kochi.
- Chairman, Malabar Airport Development Action Committee (MADAC)
- Malabar Development Board
- Malabar Chamber of Commerce
- Rajiv Gandhi International Sports Foundation (former)
Wahab has 'adopted' Karulayi village near his municipality, Nilambur, under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) project.