|2017 Peshawar police vehicle attack|
Peshawar is in red color
|Location||Hayatabad, Peshawar, Pakistan|
|Target||Ashraf Noor (AIG )|
|Deaths||2 (+ 1 attacker)|
|Victims||Ashraf Noor and his guard Habibullah|
On November 24, 2017, a suicide bomber struck the vehicle of AIG Ashraf Noor in Hayatabad, Peshawar while he was travelling to work as a result of which the vehicle caught fire killing Ashraf Noor and his guard.[a] In the attack eight others police in the AIG's squad were injured as a result of the blast and they were taken to Hayatabad Medical Complex for treatment
The suicide bomber struck his motorcycle into Ashraf Noor's vehicle after which he detonated his explosives which left the car in flames. Around 15-20 kilograms of explosives were used in the blast, and two vehicles were damaged in the attack.
Noor was buried with full police honors in his ancestral village, Skardu, on 24 November 2017.
- Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi expressed his condolences with the affected families by the blast, and he also said that fight against terrorism will be taken to its logical end, and the terror attacks will not damp the determination of the nation and law enforcement agencies. He also directed government authorities to ensure fleet medical aid to the wounded.
- Pakistan Peoples Party chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also condemned the suicide bomb attack and sent his condolences to the families of the martyred. He tweeted:
- "My heart goes out to the family of AIG Shaheed Ashraf Noor. Terrorism is the most pressing issue Pakistan faces today. We at the PPP stand firm in our commitment against terrorism and vow to honour the sacrifice of our martyred hero"
- "Saddened to learn of the martyrdom of Additional IG KP, Ashraf Noor, in condemnable Peshawar blast. It will not deter the determination and dedication of KP police and PTI govt in their fight against terrorism"
- "Salute to supreme sacrifice of our Police comrade AIG Noor. Our determination remains undeterred against threats to our motherland"