The 2017–18 NWHL season is the third season of the National Women's Hockey League. All four teams from the previous two seasons returned for this season: the Boston Pride, Buffalo Beauts, Connecticut Whale, and the Metropolitan Riveters.
League news and notes
- In October 2017, the Russian women's national team participated in exhibition series, called the 2017 Summit Series, going 5–0 against the Pride, Riveters, and Whale. The Beauts played one game against the Chinese national team, which the Beauts won 4–2.
- A Battle of the Sexes match was scheduled between the Buffalo Beauts and Buffalo Jr. Sabres 15U youth team for October 16 with the Jr. Sabres 15U winning 9–4.
- On October 5, the New York Riveters partnered with the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League. The Riveters, having played in Newark, New Jersey, the previous season, rebranded as the Metropolitan Riveters. As part of the partnership, the Riveters had their opening home game at the Prudential Center.
- On December 21, the Buffalo Beauts were acquired by their landlord, Pegula Sports and Entertainment; Pegula owns several sports teams in the Buffalo area, including the NHL's Buffalo Sabres.
As of January 14, 2018.
- ^ "Russian Women's National Team to Play Two Games Each Against the Boston Pride, Connecticut Whale and New York Riveters". NWHLZone.com. June 7, 2017.
- ^ "Riveters Blanked in Final Preseason Tuneup". NWHL. October 22, 2017.
- ^ a b "2017 NWHL PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE SET". NWHL. September 15, 2017.
- ^ "Defending Isobel Cup Champs Start Preseason With an International Win". NWHL. October 9, 2017.
- ^ "Beauts Wrap Preseason in Buffalo Showdown". NWHL. October 16, 2017.
- ^ "NEW JERSEY DEVILS ENTER FIRST OF ITS KIND AGREEMENT AND FORM MULTI-YEAR STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NWHL'S RIVETERS". NWHL. October 5, 2017.
- ^ Amy Moritz (December 21, 2017). "Pegulas add the Buffalo Beauts to their hockey holdings". The Buffalo News. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- ^ "NWHL standings". NWHL. Retrieved November 7, 2017.