Events from the year 1832 in France.
- 5 June - Anti-monarchist June Rebellion briefly breaks out in Paris.
- 4–23 December - Siege of Antwerp: the last remaining Dutch defensive point, the citadel, falls to French attack.
Arts and literature
- 6 January - Gustave Doré, artist, engraver, illustrator and sculptor (died 1883)
- 23 January - Édouard Manet, painter (died 1883)
- 16 February - Camille Armand Jules Marie, Prince de Polignac, nobleman, scholar and major general in the Confederate States Army (died 1913)
- 12 March - Jean Alfred Fournier, dermatologist (died 1914)
- 26 March - Michel Bréal, philologist (died 1915)
- 25 May - Marie-Louise Gagneur, née Mignerot, feminist (died 1902)
- 6 July - Alexis André, missionary priest in Canada (died 1893)
- 29 September - Léon Labbé, surgeon and politician (died 1916)
- 15 December - Gustave Eiffel, structural engineer and architect, designer of the Eiffel Tower (died 1923)
- Full date unknown - Félicien Henry Caignart de Saulcy, entomologist (died 1912).
January to June
- 4 March - Jean-François Champollion, classical scholar, philologist and orientalist (born 1790).
- 13 April - Jean-Baptiste Jacques Augustin, painter (born 1759).
- 23 April - François-Nicolas Delaistre, sculptor (born 1746).
- 7 May - Charles Guillaume Alexandre Bourgeois, physicist and painter (born 1759).
- 13 May - Georges Cuvier, naturalist and zoologist (born 1769).
- 16 May - Casimir Pierre Périer, statesman (born 1777).
- 26 May - François-Louis Perne, composer and musicographer (born 1772).
- 31 May - Évariste Galois, mathematician (born 1811).
- 1 June - Jean Maximilien Lamarque, statesman (born 1770).
- 4 June - Jean-Pierre Abel-Rémusat, sinologist (born 1788).
- 5 June - 166 deaths at the barricades in the June Rebellion
July to December