This article needs additional citations for verification
. (September 2015)
This is a list of notable Firefox extensions, or software add-ons designed for Mozilla Firefox-based web browsers. Many Firefox extensions work in the SeaMonkey web browser as well as the Pale Moon web browser and the Thunderbird e-mail client.
- Google Earth – provides full integration of Google Earth into the browser.
- Google Toolbar – provides features related to Google Search as a toolbar.
- Greasemonkey – allows users to install user scripts that modify specific web pages
- iMacros – a macro recorder for the Firefox web browser.
- Stylish – allows the user to install custom CSS that can modify specific web pages and XUL application interfaces.
Privacy and security
Some extensions mentioned in other categories at this page (such as AdBlock/AdBlock Plus) will also increase security. Also, Tor, Torbutton, and Torlauncher aren't mentioned as they are not simply extensions for Firefox but instead only work on modified Firefox versions Besides these add-ons, changing settings in Firefox Preferences and in about:config also will help with privacy and security.
- Showcase – shows tabs as thumbnails, to preview, manage and search across them.
- Tab Mix Plus – provides tabbed browsing enhancements.
Website development tools
- Alexa Toolbar – provides access to SEO data.
- ColorZilla – adds an eye dropper (color reader), color palettes, page zooming, and displays element information.
- FireFTP – is a cross-platform FTP client which provides access to FTP servers.
- Web Developer – adds a menu and a toolbar to the browser with various web developer tools.
- FireTune – introduced in 2005 which aimed at optimizing the speed of the browser.
- SurfSafe – detects false or misleadingly used images.