* is an asterisk, a typographical symbol or glyph.
* may also refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- *, a symbol for not out in cricket
- *, a symbol identifying a genetic lineage as a paragroup of a specified haplogroup
- Star (game theory), the value given to the game where both players have only the option of moving to the zero game
- *, in linguistics, a symbol that prefixes a word or phrase that, in historical linguistics, is a reconstructed form for which no actual examples have been found
- Also a hypothetical, deviant, or ungrammatical form
*, a symbol in several astronomical notation nomenclatures for abbreviating star
- *, the symbol is used to refer a reader to a footnote
- *, the symbol is used to refer a reader to an endnote
- *, the beginning of a vertical service code in telephony
- *, the wildcard character in a computer terminal window or terminal or computer programming, representation of any word, words or characters.
- * (CONFIG.SYS directive)