|• Total||0.71 km2 (0.27 sq mi)|
|Elevation||24 m (79 ft)|
|• Density||240/km2 (620/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
It was first mentioned in 1980 and means sand. 't Zand is a villa ward and recreational site near Alphen. There are no place name signs. It consists of about 100 houses excluding the holiday homes.
In 1939, a little chapel dedicated to Saint Willibrord was erected on the Oude Maastrichtsebaan in 't Zand. According to legend, Willibrord baptised people from Alphen near a well and it turned into a site of pilgrimage. Father Binck together with the archaeologist Joan Willems set out to find the spot and discovered a 2.5 metres (8 ft 2 in) loam well in the forest. It was restored in stone and a chapel was built on top of the well. The chapel was destroyed in 1945, and rebuilt in 1946.