|• Total||9.09 km2 (3.51 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1.7 m (5.6 ft)|
|• Density||220/km2 (560/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The village was first mentioned around 1750 as 'S Heerenhoek, and "means corner of the lord". It is located in the north-eastern corner of the Borsselepolder which was poldered in 1616. The lords refers to the lord of Schenge Castle in 's-Heer-Arendskerke. 's-Heerenhoek developed after 1616 in a grid structure. In 1669, the village was devastated by fire and a new church was built in 1672.
The Dutch Reformed church from 1672 was moved to Netherlands Open Air Museum in Arnhem between 1987 and 1988. The village developed into a Catholic area from the 1760s onwards. The Catholic St Willibrordus Church was built between 1873 and 1874 in Gothic Revival style and has a tall tower.
's-Heerenhoek was home to 772 people in 1840. The municipal council used to meet in the local inn. In 1881, it was outlawed to hold meetings in a locality which served alcohol. The problem was solved by separating a part of the inn and building its own front door. In 1892, a town hall was built.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 's-Heerenhoek.|