's-Gravesloot was a heerlijkheid (manor) owned by the province of Utrecht until 1751, when it was sold to a private owner. When the current municipal system was introduced in the Netherlands in 1812, it became part of Kamerik. When that municipality was split into three parts, 's-Gravesloot became a separate municipality again. In 1857, Kamerik-Mijzijde, Kamerik-Houtdijken, and 's-Gravesloot merged again, to form the new municipality of Kamerik. Kamerik and 's-Gravesloot are now part of Woerden.
The municipality of 's-Gravesloot consisted of a polder with the same name, covered an area of 3.23 km2, and contained the hamlet of 's-Gravesloot. It had a population of about 110.