|• Total||8.00 km2 (3.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1.0 m (3.3 ft)|
|• Density||590/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The village was first mentioned in 1318 as "dat Nuweland van Vortrap", and means "polder of the Count". Before 1316, William III, Count of Holland ordered the construction of a dike around Voortrappen. It was first called 's-Gravenpolder in 1386. The polder and village were owned by the Count of Holland until 1430. 's-Gravenpolder developed as a linear road village.
The Dutch Reformed church is a Gothic cruciform church with built-in tower. The choir probably dates from the late-14th century. The tower and nave were constructed in the early-15th century. It was severely damaged during World War II. During the renovation of 1959 to 1961, the plaster was removed and the current spire was built.
's-Gravenpolder was home to 577 people in 1840. In 1927, a joint railway station with 's-Heer Abtskerke opened on the Goes to Hoedekenskerke. It closed in 1947. The village was severely damaged during World War II. 's-Gravenpolder was a separate municipality until 1970 when it merged into Borsele.