|Founded by||Former residents of Ein HaYam and Ramat Rachel|
Ein Carmel (Hebrew: עֵין כַּרְמֶל, lit. Carmel Spring) is a kibbutz in northern Israel. Located near Atlit, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hof HaCarmel Regional Council. In 2019 it had a population of 922.
The kibbutz was established in 1950 by former residents of Ein HaYam and Ramat Rachel. The founding charter of the settlement was signed at the end of the War of Independence by four adults and two children from each of the groups of settlers.
The village is located one kilometer from the former Palestinian village of al-Mazar that was depopulated during fighting in the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, and some of the houses of Ein Carmel are land that had belonged to the village. Although most residents had fled in May 1948, the village was finally destroyed during an operation in mid-July.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ein Carmel.|