In 1838, in the Ottoman era, Akur was noted as Muslim village, in the el-Arkub district, southwest of Jerusalem. In 1856 the village noted by the same name on the map of Southern Palestine that Heinrich Kiepert published that year.
In 1863, Victor Guérin found here a village with 200 inhabitants. He further noted that several of the houses contained some stones from an old church, then totally destroyed, but whose location still retained among the inhabitants the name of Kniseh (church). A well, which passed for antiquity although it was badly constructed, was sufficient to all the needs of this small locality.
An Ottoman village list of about 1870 showed that Aqqur had 38 houses and a population of 140, though the population count included men, only.
In 1883, the PEF's Survey of Western Palestine described Akur: "A small village on the ledge of the ridge, surrounded by very rugged ground. There is a good spring on the north east, about a mile from the village, on the same ridge."
In 1896 the population of 'Akur was estimated to be about 132 persons.
A British anthropologist, writing in 1932, reported that there was a group of Sidr trees north east of the village believed to be protected by spirits.
In the 1945 statistics, it had a population of 40 Muslims, with a total of 5,522 dunums of land. Of this, 174 dunams were used for irrigable land or plantations, 653 for cereals, while 5 dunams were built-up land.
'Aqqur had a maqam for a local sage known as al-Shaykh Ahmad Sulayman.
Aqqur, Mandate survey, 1:20,000
Aqqur, 1945, 1:20,000
The village was depopulated July 13–14, 1948 by Harel Brigade units. There had been fighting around the village since April, and many people had fled. Those who remained were expelled.