"Immediately north of the village is a rock-cut passage large enough to walk along, extending about 50 feet and lined with cement; it then becomes about a foot high. This leads out on to a flat surface of rock.(...) Two rock-cut tombs, now blocked, exist west of this."
'Anin, like the rest of Israel, was incorporated into the Ottoman Empire in 1517, and in the census of 1596 it was a part of the nahiya ("subdistrict") of Sahil Atlit which was under the administration of the liwa ("district") of Lajjun. The village had a population of 16 households, all Muslim. The villagers paid a fixed tax rate of 25% on wheat, barley, summer crops, olive trees, in addition to occasional revenues and a press for olive oil or grape syrup; a total of 3,600 akçe. Potsherds from the Ottoman era have also been found here.
In 1882, the PEF's Survey of Western Palestine described Anin as: "a small village on a ridge, partly built of stone, with a small olive grove beneath it on the west, and two wells on that side. It has the appearance of an ancient site, having rock-cut tombs, and a curious channel for water."
In the 1944/5 statistics the population of Anin was 590 Muslims, with a total of 15,049 dunams of land, according to an official land and population survey. Of this, 1,769 dunams were used for plantations and irrigable land, 1,806 dunams for cereals, while 13 dunams were built-up (urban) land.